Mar 2017Aug 2017
- Working as a manager for the first Fablab in Jordan. The lab is part of an EU funded projec, which corresponds to creating job opportunities and innovative problem solving for Syrian and Jordanians in the Northen region of the country. Successfully provided capacity building for staff, and launched lab training and public community engagement programs and workshops, while supporting 25 incubated startups through their hardware development process. More details on supported programs are here.
- Exploring and implementing new strategies of collaborative desicion making with the Wikipedia community, in order to find answers to technical challenges that focus on readers issues.
- Understanding broader community needs, and translating them into technical specs for products, and presenting technical planning details to a broader audiance.
- Sample references of work are found at: Wikimedia blog, and on the wikis here and here, here and here
- Working as a consultant for global development department of Wikimedia Foundation, my duties included program design for new initiatives, workflow management and monitoring, budget planning and supporting shared and transparent decision making strategies for global nodes and Wikimedia Chapters. Annual report forArabic Language initiative
- Working as a manager for a project funded by the Canadian Cook Foundation and operated in the Moroccan Sahara, by American firm BureauEast in partnership with social design Dutch agency ButterflyWorks. My role was overall project management with a focus on design development, construction drawings, construction management, architectural and building technology research, material research, in addition to social design data gathering and analysis.
- Working as a senior architect for a project funded by the European Commission and operated in Sinai. My duties included design development, full site and construction management responsibilities, training local tribe on environmental building techniques (rammed earth, earth bags, masonry blocks, earth cast) co-editing and compilation of "South Sinai: Building Technologies Manual", a manual providing guidelines for best construction practices in the region in addition successfully completed construction for a center for building crafts, and Mount Sinai ecolodge.
- Working as a communication designer for the ICT department, my responsibilities, focused visual identity for interiors of International School of Information Science, visual advisory for outreach material and publications. Workflow management for print-on-demand facility, budgeting, fundraising and planning for opensource initiatives.
- I kicked off a portable, modular, cheap, DIY laser cutter machine, that interfaces with mobile phone. Using the phone, anyone can communicate to the machines through images that they take photos to from their phone, without CAD knowledge or computer ownership. The idea is to expand the user-base of technology by removing barriers of specialised knowledge of complex interface.
- Jebaleyatalks is a project about empowering women of Jebaleya tribe of Sinai, to help them tell their stories through products. Through media and product design, they were introduced into smart textiles and new materials and techniques that they blended in their traditional crafts.
Thesis: Giving voice to electromangentic waves
Thesis: Creating urban walks in old Alexandria town